Jumping rope is a great alternative to other traditional cardio exercises such as running, swimming or cycling because it can be done anywhere, even in limited spaces. You can do it in your own home (in your pyjamas, even) as long as you have a rope with you.
While cardio exercises can typically be monotonous and boring, there is so much you can do with a jump rope that it never gets old. Here are 15 beginner jump rope moves and variations that you can incorporate into your next jump rope workout.
It gets SLIGHTLY harder as we go further down the list, but with a little bit of practice, anyone can do these moves.
Here’s an example of how you can incorporate some of these moves into a 15 minute workout:
1. Warm up by doing SLOW HOPS for 2-3 minutes
2. Do 30 seconds of STANDARD HOPS
3. Do 30 seconds of (any other variation)
4. Repeat steps 2-3 for 10 rounds
5. Cool down with SLOW HOPS for 2-3 minutes